Emergency Vehicle Kit for Fall Car Care at Graff Chevrolet in Okemos, MI
Fall weather in Michigan can be unpredictable! As the days turn cooler, it’s easy to let your mind wander to Halloween and Thanksgiving, but don’t forget about your Fall Car Care! At Graff Chevrolet in Okemos, we want you to be prepared for anything that comes your way. We’ve created a list of emergency kit essentials and cold weather supplies that you’ll want to keep in your emergency vehicle kit in case you find yourself in a tough situation.
Emergency Vehicle Kit Essential Items
These items are essential for any emergency situation, and it’s a good idea to keep them in your emergency vehicle kit anytime of the year. You’ll want to double check that you have them on hand during your Fall Car Care preparations.
- Cell Phone Charger – Don’t be left unable to communicate in the case of an emergency! Keep an extra cell phone charger in your emergency vehicle kit so that you’re able to call for help if you need to.
- Flashlight – If you’re stranded with a dead battery, your headlights and interior lights won’t be functional. Keeping a flashlight in your emergency vehicle kit is a great idea because you will be able to locate important items and see under the hood. You may also need a flashlight if you have to walk away from your vehicle to find help.
- Jumper Cables – Jumper cables are used to connect a dead battery to a charged battery, so you can give the dead battery a jumpstart. Jumper cables are essential to include in your emergency vehicle kit because you never know when you’re going to need to jump your car battery or someone else’s.
- First Aid Kit – You never know when you, or someone else, is going to need a Band-Aid. First aid kits can come in handy anytime, but they can be crucial in the case of an emergency.
- Emergency Money – Include some spare cash in your emergency vehicle kit just in case you ever run out of gas or need to call a tow truck. Be sure to store your money out of sight and in a safe place in order to deter theft.
- Emergency Flares or Signals – Flares or signals are a good addition to your emergency car kit for Fall Car Care. They will help emergency crews and other drivers to be able to locate you in the event that your flashers aren’t working properly, or in the case of inclement weather.
- Water – It’s always a good idea to keep some water for drinking in your car. Water can also be used for cleaning purposes. As cold weather approaches, water in your emergency kit could become frozen, making it useless. Try to remember to bring water with you every time you head out on the road.
- Snacks – The boost in blood sugar can definitely improve a bad situation. Whether you’re stuck in traffic or stuck in an emergency, snacks are great essential for your emergency car kit.
Cold Weather Supplies for Your Emergency Vehicle Kit
Fall weather in Michigan can easily seem more like winter weather. Don’t be caught off guard by surprise snow and ice. These items will be crucial to keep in your emergency vehicle kit for Fall Car Care.
- Warm Clothing – When it comes to your safety and comfort, it’s better to be safe than sorry. Keeping extra socks, shoes, scarves, gloves, and jackets in your emergency car kit will be useful if you have to walk away from your vehicle in the cold, or if any of your clothing becomes wet from rain or snow.
- Blanket – Even if you don’t plan on sleeping in your car, it’s best to be prepared. A blanket will keep you warm, provide traction in an emergency, or can be used as a cleaning aid.
- Tow Ropes – Tow ropes are an important part of your emergency vehicle kit for Fall Car Care in case you, or someone else, becomes stuck, especially in the Michigan snow. Even if your vehicle doesn’t have towing capabilities, you can still keep some in your car.
- Shovel – Just like tow ropes, you’ll want a shovel in case you have to dig yourself out of a snowy situation. You can easily keep a small one in your emergency car kit or in the trunk of your vehicle.
- Sand Bags – Traction is essential to getting out of icy or snowy conditions. Kitty litter, sand bags, or even salt is a good idea to have on hand. You can also use your floor mats if you find yourself in a pinch.
Schedule Your Fall Car Care Service at Graff Chevrolet in Okemos
We hope you don’t find yourself in a situation where an emergency car kit is necessary, but while you’re preparing for Fall Car Care, it’s a good idea to keep some emergency supplies in your vehicle. If you have any questions while you’re creating your emergency vehicle kit, be sure to reach us at (517) 349-8300 and one of our helpful representatives will be happy to assist you. To keep yourself out of avoidable emergency situations, make sure to schedule an appointment with our service center at Graff Chevrolet Okemos. Feel free to use our seasonal maintenance and routine maintenance pages to keep your car in proper working order. Stop by the dealership located at 1748 West Grand River Ave. Okemos, MI 48864, anytime! We are happy to serve Okemos and the surrounding communities of Mason, Delta Charter Township, Lansing, Williamston, and Dewitt.