What to Do If You've Been in an Accident
Accident Assistance & Collision Repair Services
Step 1: Check for Injuries
- You should always check to see if anyone in your vehicle or anyone else involved in the accident has any injuries.
- If injuries are suspected, call 911 for medical help right away.
Step 2: Contact OnStar
- If you’re an OnStar subscriber, press the RED Emergency Services button for assistance.
Step 3: Move to a Safe Location
- If possible, move your car off the road to a safe location, such as an adjacent parking lot.
- If your car must remain on the road or on the shoulder, be sure to warn other drivers by using your hazards.
Step 4: Call the Police
- Even if there are no injuries, you should call the police to report the accident.
- The police will let you know if an officer will need to come to the scene to prepare an accident report.
- Remain at the scene of the accident until the police have completed their accident report. This report is very important for insurance purposes.
Step 5: Exchange Information
- Exchange insurance information with all other drivers involved in the accident.
- You should also get the names and contact information of all other drivers and passengers involved in the accident.
- Make note of the accident report number and responding officer's name as well.
Step 6: Assess the Damage
- Check your vehicle thoroughly, and make note of any damage.
- Point out any damage to the responding officers, and take photos of the damage if possible.
- If your vehicle is not drivable, call for roadside assistance.
Step 7: Report Your Claim
- Call your insurance company to report your claim.
- Your insurance company will give you a claim number, which you will need to provide to your collision center.
Step 8: Schedule Your Collision Repairs
- Call the Hank Graff Collision Center to schedule your collision repairs. Then bring your car to our state-of-the-art facility in Williamston, MI.
- Our expert technicians will take care of everything from there, and will get your car looking like new.
- If you need a rental car while your vehicle is being repaired, we can help with that too.
Get Your Collision Repairs Covered at the Hank Graff Collision Center
Graff Okemos’ Collision Center Can Help With Your Accident Repairs
Here you’ll find all the information you need about what to do if you've been in an accident and about repairing your vehicle at the Hank Graff Collision Center near Okemos, MI. Graff Okemos is here to make the entire process easy, so you don’t have to worry about your collision and auto body repairs whatsoever. At our Okemos Area Collision Center, we repair all vehicle makes and models, both foreign and domestic, and we are also a direct repair collision shop for many major car insurance companies. Even if we’re not a direct repair shop for your insurance company, you can still choose to get your repairs done here, and we’ll work with your agency since we can work with all insurance companies.
The certified team at the Hank Graff Collision Center in Williamston, MI, is proud to meet and exceed insurance companies’ standards for turnaround time! Plus, we also offer a lifetime guarantee on our paint and craftsmanship. Give us a call or stop by to learn more!
What Happens After an Accident?
If you’re involved in an accident, you should always call the police. For your insurance claim, your insurance company will require three pieces of information, but by following these simple steps for what to do after an accident, you help your insurance claim to be handled quickly.
- License numbers and insurance information of all drivers
- Police report
- Witness statements.
In many cases a claims adjuster from your insurance company may ask you to take your vehicle to a collision center for a repair estimate; especially for simple claims where there are no injuries and minimal damage. The Hank Graff Collision Center in Williamston, just down the road from Hank Graff Chevrolet Okemos, is happy to provide you with a free estimate for your collision repairs. If your insurance company is one of the many for which we are a direct repair shop, we can also communicate directly with them to make the process even easier.
Once we receive approval from you on the vehicle repairs, we can begin the repair process to get you back on the road as soon as possible. With the experience of our expert technicians and our ability to work directly with your insurance company, we can move the repair process along quickly.
Insurance Information About Settlement Offers
Once your insurance claims adjuster has processed your claim, you’ll be presented with a settlement offer outlining how much your insurance company is willing to pay. If you feel the settlement offer is too low, there are cases in which you may be able to negotiate a better offer if you’re able to present examples of other situations in which drivers were offered more for similar damage.
If your insurance company denies your claim, it could be due to the coverage limits in your insurance policy. If this occurs, we suggest you discuss the situation with your insurance agent to determine if the denial is reasonable and how you should proceed.
Our team of professionals at Hank Graff’s Collision Center near Okemos and East Lansing, MI, have been involved in the collision repair industry for an extended period of time which allows us to be very familiar with the ins and outs of insurance claims. In addition to offering top-quality collision repair and auto body work for cars of all makes and models, we can also help by answering any of your questions about insurance information, and provide suggestions for how to handle your insurance claim. Don’t hesitate to call us to see how we can help you!
The Graff Okemos Collision Center is located at 660 E. Grand River Road, Williamston, MI 48895. If you are using a GPS or online directions to find our collision center, please be sure to enter the street name as E. Grand River Road, not E. Grand River Avenue. To learn more about all the ways we can help with your collision repairs and insurance information, call us at (517) 349-8300.
We are proud to serve the Delhi Charter Township, Watertown Charter Township, Dewitt, Laingburg, and Charlotte areas, as well as many other communities!